Battery Safety Guide
Original Vapourlites models like the VL4 rechargable e-cigarettes have their own usb charger. The battery screws directly into the charger which is inserted directly into a USB port on either a PC or with the Vapourlites UK USB Wall Adapter.
Generation 2 and 3
The second generation batteries are slightly larger and feature in our pen style kits. They use a 5 click function on a button to turn the battery on and off. They have a larger capacity and last much longer. They must be charged with a wired USB charger. Some screw directly into the charger, some side charge using a micro usb connection.
Third generation batteries like the Vapour EVOD650 battery and some larger box mod devices use a micro USB charging lead similar to a mobile phone. Most batteries still use the 5 clicks to turn on and off.
The lead is plugged into the charging port with a micro USB connector and then inserted into a PC or UK wall adapter with the USB connector. Some models are a ‘pass through’ which allows you to use the device whilst charging. We recommend a 1 amp wall charger for battery safety.
(The evod 650 style pen device operate the same charging light indicator as gen 2. The box mods show a battery symbol just like mobile phones show battery level and fully charged indicator)
18650 and 18350 batteries are more specialist batteries designed for our MODs. The difference between these two is their physical size. Please ensure that you have selected the correct size for your device, as many MODs do not come with a battery. Note that these batteries are re-chargeable and don’t often come with a charger. We recommend that you use a universal charger designed for UK electrical sockets. This eliminates the need for a converter plug.
General Battery Safety
Battery Safety Instructions – Please Read
All Vapourlites Electronic Cigarette Batteries must be charged using ONLY the correct Charging Cable. However, there is some cross compatibility between models. The Cable must ONLY be used in either a USB port on PC, or with the Vapourlites UK USB Wall Adapter.
Battery level indicator on a pen style battery is shown on the button. When button is pressed a green or white light means it’s charged, orange or blue means less than 50% remaining and red means less than 20% remaining. On the older models a flashing light means it needs charging.
When connected to the charger – the light on the battery will flash to indicate a proper connection. The light on the Charging Cable will turn from RED to GREEN once fully charged. Charging most batteries should take between 1 – 4 hours for a full charge. It is advised that you only charge your battery once it is completely run down, the light on the battery will flash to indicate the battery is flat and requires recharging.
Do not over charge the battery. Charging via the mains wall socket usually takes between 1 – 2 hours, maybe longer if charging via a laptop or other device. Once green light shows, remove from charge. If you over charge it will reduce the life span of the battery. Do not charge overnight or leave unattended, if it over heats it could cause a hazard.
Please note: Larger batteries will take longer to charge due to the increased battery capacity.
Most batteries come part charged so you can vape immediately after purchase, please fully drain the battery on first use then put on charge until the light turns green.
Older Vapourlites models such as the VL5, and new Sub Ohm devices as well as any product by any other brand are NOT compatible with the USB Charge Cable, and must ONLY be charged using their corresponding charger (as supplied).
Ensure your charging devices are compatible with our batteries. If the ampage is incorrect you can burn out your devices or it may mean you do not get a full charge. We recommend using the mains wall method of charging as we cannot guarantee your USB device is compatible ampage with batteries. Laptop charging can only use USB 2 port. Do not use a USB 3 port as this will ruin your battery. If in doubt always use our compatible wall charger.
It is important to check the wall charger adapter is compatible with our batteries. Just because the USB lead fits into the wall adapter doesn’t mean it’s compatible. If the ampage is wrong it can damage the device or not give a full charge. Do not use an iphone wall charger. If in doubt, please purchase our wall adapter. Refunds will not be given on batteries which haven’t used our charging devices.
If the battery flashes but is fully charged. Make sure you clean the battery contact and bottom of the tank to ensure full battery contact is made.
Every week, your battery and tank contact points need cleaning. Take a cotton bud and wipe around the battery contact and the thread of the tank.
Improper handling of the batteries or the chargers may present a risk of fire, explosion or chemical burn. Users of these products agree to accept responsibility for all such risks and not to hold Vapourlites, distributors or retailers (including owners and employees) responsible for any accident, injury to persons, or damage to property caused by failure to follow these instructions:
- Store batteries and chargers in a cool, dry place at normal room temperature. Do not leave batteries or chargers in hot places such as a car under direct sunlight.
- Keep sources of ignition – such as flammable objects or liquids, sparks, electrical equipment, hot objects and mobile phones – well away from batteries and chargers.
- Do not leave charging batteries unattended or leave charging for more than 4 hours.
- Do not leave batteries on charge overnight.
- Do not place batteries into a microwave oven, or into any other high-pressure container.
- Do not immerse batteries or chargers in water or otherwise get them wet.
- Do not use batteries or chargers from alternative suppliers with Vapourlites products.
- Do not disassemble, puncture, modify, drop, throw, or cause other unnecessary shock to batteries or the chargers.
- When the battery is not in use, disconnect the battery from charger.
- Charge and store batteries and chargers in a fire-safe container.
- Do not use or charge batteries that appear to be leaking, discoloured, rusty, deformed; emit an odour; or are otherwise abnormal.
- Keep the batteries and the chargers away from children and pets at all times.
- Do not put batteries in mouth.
- Do not use batteries or the chargers in any appliances for which they were not intended.
- Dispose of all batteries and chargers according to the local laws and regulations of your region.
- Please contact Vapourlites support desk if you have questions or queries about the proper handling of batteries and chargers.
T 03333 23 77 33